Thursday, March 5, 2009

A bit tardy...

Sorry for not updating my blog in a timely manner.  I was dealing with pesky job interviews, all while trying to dodge the rain...

The week of February 22 - 28 was a good one for training, even though it rained quite a bit.  

On Tuesday I took another stab at Mt. Diablo.  This time I rode from my house to the south entrance to Mt. Diablo state park (through Walnut Creek, Danville, Alamo), then up Southgate road to the Ranger Station.  I saw all kinds of riders that day, all trying to get out again between rains!  There were team riders doing pace lines up the road.  There were guys on mountain bikes, knobby tires and all.  There were some older gents making their way up the hill for their umpteenth time.  For me, they were the inspiration.  It showed me that you don't have to become sedentary just because you get older.  From the ranger station I went down Northgate road back home.  I didn't heed the siren call of the summit...this time.

On Friday I road the Three Bears ride in Orinda with my mentor group again.  Saturday brought the TNT buddy ride in Sunol.  We started from the Dublin BART station and road out to a rural mountain road called Kilkare Road.  This road was almost a thousand feet of climbing in about 4 miles.  The group I was in made it to the top of the road first.  As we were descending we saw several other TNT groups just starting up.  Someone had the bright idea of going up again...  So most of us did!  That was a blast!

The week ahead calls for more rain.  Lots of rain.  I get the feeling that I'll be sending some time on the trainer in the garage!

This week's training totals:  84.5 miles ridden, 6,600 feet of climbing, 6,729 calories burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment