Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 15th - 21st

For the second week in a row, I've ridden over a hundred miles. On Tuesday, I revisited Mt. Diablo. This time just riding to the Ranger Station. I rode up Southgate and back down Northgate Boulevard. On Wednesday, I teamed up with 2 fellow members of TNT to tackle some of the East Bay's most scenic and arduous climbs. Topped it off on Saturday with a 44 mile ride in Point Reyes. All in all a great week in riding.

I've also been reading a book by Lance Armstrong, It's Not About The Bike. He's an amazing man. Period. He's overcome so much with his fight against cancer. He's an inspiration to me and many others like me as we hop on our bikes and go about our training rides.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?" -- Lance Armstrong

This weeks totals:
Miles ridden: 120
Calories burned: 9,658

No comments:

Post a Comment